Bush Fire Risk Management Plan
Download the draft plan below
- Final Approved – Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Bush Fire Risk Management Plan – 3.2Mb
- Community Participation Strategy – 38KB
Bush Fire risk management maps and asset tables
The bush fire risk throughout the entire Hornsby Ku-ring-gai area is shown on the maps below. Each map shows a different geographical area, referred to as a Map Display Area (MDA).
Each asset on the map has an identification number, which you can use to find more information about its bush fire risk strategy and actions on the Asset and Treatment Tables.
Find the asset that relates to your property on the map below.
To find the MDA that contains the asset or property you are interested in first look at the Overview Map, then click on the link for your map.
For more detailed instructions on how to interpret the maps, download Instructions for using bush fire maps – 21kb
- Overview Map – 9MB
- Map/MDA 1 – Hornsby North – 6MB
- Map/MDA 2 – Hornsby Central – 7MB
- Map/MDA 3 – Hornsby South – 8.5MB
- Map/MDA 4 – Ku-ring-gai North – 6.6MB
- Map/MDA 5 – Ku-ring-gai Central – 8.2MB
- Map/MDA 6 – Ku-ring-gai South – 7.7MB
Risk assessment and asset and treatment tables
- Vegetation Categories Map – 5MB – an overview of the broad vegetation communities found in the area
- Fire Threshold Map – 3.6MB – shows the range of fire intervals recommended for each vegetation type to support ecologically sustainable fire management
- Fire Frequency Map – 14.4MB – shows the frequency of bushfires in an area
- Time Since Fire Map – 4.9MB